What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are synthetic roots that take the place of a tooth’s foundation. An implant is essential to a tooth that needs replacing or restoring after an accident or oral disease takes shape. Lifetime Dental Excellence is only a call away at (248) 602-2522 if you suspect you might need dental implants or a consultation.
Dental implants aren’t just something that is needed due to poor oral hygiene. Accidents and disease can occur with even the most dutiful patients. That being said, Lifetime Dental Excellence reminds you to regularly practice proper oral hygiene to reduce your chances.
Who Can Have Dental Implants?
● Individuals who are healthy enough to undergo a routine dental extraction
● If you still have enough bone to host the implant
● If you are healthy enough to undergo oral surgery
● If you work to keep gums healthy
● If you come see us on a regular basis
After a consultation, we will be able to properly determine if you are a good candidate for dental implants. You may need further review if you:
● Regularly smoke or have done so for a long time
● Suffer from some medical conditions (heart disease, diabetes, etc.)
● Underwent radiation therapy recently
Why Should I Get Dental Implants?
For many of our patients, dental implants are a wonderful option to continue practicing proper oral care. If you are considering this procedure at Lifetime Dental Excellence, keep in mind these attributes of our implants:
● Feel great: unlike dentures, implants are individually placed and much more natural-feeling
● Strong, stable roots: well-cared for implants can last a lifetime
● Fit to each patient: fits the mouth more accurately than dentures
● Look like the real thing: look nearly identical to real teeth
● No changes in talking: because they stay in place, implants do not affect your speech
● Eat regular, healthy meals with no complications: no matter the meal, your implants stay in place
● No major changes to oral health: implants only go into one specific spot, so no alterations are required to surrounding teeth
● Floss regularly: simply floss around your implant to keep the area clear
● Clean option to healthier teeth: don’t worry about disinfecting an implant, just treat it like a tooth
How Do I Get Dental Implant?
The first step is making an appointment with us. Our friendly staff at Lifetime Dental Excellence can take questions when you schedule your appointment. Then, we can plan your procedure and figure out what you need specifically.
How Do I Take Care of My Dental Implants?
You can treat your implants just like you would real teeth. If you brush and floss as directed, as well as schedule regular dental check-ups with our office, your implants should hold in place and continue to help contribute to a great smile.
Call our Clawson, Michigan office at (248) 602-2522 to see if dental implants are right for you. We will do a full dental examination, review options, as well as go over costs, time tables, and everything you need to know to make the right decision.